View Single Post
Old 13-12-2008, 13:39
No personal life

Send a message via MSN to bobby-digital

Prior caption: "This photo shows Navy Capt. Dale Snodgrass performing a "flyby'' next to the USS America. The F-14 flyover was shot by a crewman aboard the USS America, during a Dependent's Day cruise in 1998, during which families of the crew members are brought on the ship for a day at sea."

D.F. wrote: "This is photo is NOT correctly captioned."

"The pilot's name is Dale Snodgrass, the photo was taken at a private offshore air demonstration for military personnel and their families. He was not grounded / suspended or reprimanded. The photo was staged and the F-14 was flown by the BEST and highest time Tomcat pilot in the US Navy. He later became the commander of ALL Navy Tomcat squadrons at NAS Oceana. There are some very interesting bits about Snodgrass at Airshowbuzz.com."

(V/R) J. M. writes:

"I just wanted to correct the correction of the Tomcat pic of CDR. Snodgrass. At the time of the photo he was the XO of VF-33 onboard USS America but it was not during a family type cruise. It was in the summer of 1989 during America's deployment to the Med and Indian Ocean. The picture was taken during an Air Show being put on by Carrier Air Wing 1 for some Middle Eastern dignitaries. I think it was a sheik from Behran. I was an aviation electronics tech with the S-3 viking squadron, The World Famous Maulers of VS-32."

Wicked