View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 13:10
Forum Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubber
Hi Matt,

Your looking for a needle in a haystack...As far as I know, all Rallyes have the 'K' in the chassisnummer, meaning that they are modelyear '89. This actually doesn't mean that there weren't any Rallyes build in '88, as the modelyear at Volkswagen starts in october/november. My tip for you would be to look for a Rallye with an as low as possible number behind the 'K' in the VIN. Once you've found one, the owner should contact the Historic Department of Volkswagen to get the birth-certificate of his Rallye. This certificate shows the build-date and will help you to get the car approved in Australia.

When I get home (currently on my lunchbreak at work) I will take a look at my personal register to see if I can find a low VIN-number for you.

I will also keep an eye open for you, but it certainly could take a while before you find one. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated!! I do have a list of VIN's on my computer here that was posted by slateford here on dubforce http://www.dubforce.net/forums/inde...showtopic=19288 - there are a few starting with the letter K as well as J...
I have been looking on-and-off for a while now, don't mind searching for a few more years, there must be one out there!!
Cheers again, would be very interested to see what you can find on your personal register...