View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 20:20
VW Addict

as said we arrived san francisco in the middle of the night wich turned out to be a major pan in the azz,
all motels full, all hotels expensive!
we could get a relatively cheap room far from downtown for only 85$per night!
i thanked no and drowe downtown where the average hotelroom was 150-200$, n the end we endet up almost at the golden gate bridge for 90$/night...
was pizzed off but at least we would not have to drive long to the tourist traps.
in the morning my bro decided its time for the stickers to come off (we made it from coast to coast)
the car had never been washed only the windscreen was cleaned every two days, and it showed

we went down to the fishermans warf and had a clam chowder breakfast, hihi

booked a tour to alcatraz that would not leave until in 3 hours fom that time, we decided to rent some bikes and ride to the golden gate bridge

sitting in a car for 3 weeks transforms muscles into pudding as we noticed after the first uphill

alcatraz

there was supposed to be an airshow next day so all the contestants where training over the bay, cool stuff

we made it to the bridge despite the wind from the front

and biked the bridge, no jumpers there either, but a nice view of alcatraz and downtown S.F.

i love the fire trucks in the US

on the boat to alcatraz in the end.
i belive its one of the best tours one can do in all of the US, no time limit, no additional costs for 23$per adult! thats really fair.

the planes where flying that low over alcatraz that my bro actually manageged to get on fotogaphed close by

it was a really nice day and we bought some beers for the evening as usual.....