View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 22:47
Volksforum Crew - Moderator International Forums

Send a message via MSN to PerL
Default I wanna talk engines

I'm currently thinking about selling my Audi 80 and buy me a Polo for a 2nd car. Inspired by my friend Gallagher, I want a fun little VW for myself. I want something newer than him though, so I'm getting preferably an 86c or posibly a 2F. I want the Coupe bodystyle and an injection engine, because I'm sick and tired of the damned carbs VW/Audi used in the 80s (I have a 2E2 in my 80). This lmits me to 1989 to 1994 models.

I of course want more power than 55 horses, that's why I started this thread. A G40 is out of the question, it's too pricey, and the 75 horse engines are rare as hen's teeth here in Norway. Importing a 75-horse car is also out of the question, because of our insane import taxes. Getting a 75-horse engine abroad is a possible option, of course.

That's why I'm thinking of some old school tuning to bring a 1.3i up to the 70-100 horse range. What can be done to this injection engine, while still keeping a stock appearance? I dont want a DMV guy to open the hood and find a 6N GTI engine...

I was thinking about things like a 1.4 or 1.6 engine block under the older cyl.head, maybe injection system from a Polo 1.6 or Golf 1.8 or something like that, also things like a different camshaft, a better exhaust manifold, and so on.

I dont know too much about these engines, so please educate me.

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1990 Volkswagen Golf CL Syncro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro