View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 13:35
Forum Newbee

Default VIN birthday request of your TYPE 2 Bay Windows

Hi guys,
this is my first thread on this fantastic forum. I'd like to ask your help.I'm building a website dedicated to VW aircooled (and not only that --> www.inerd.it ) one of the 1st content I've activated is a funny service: the possibility to check your birthday VW aircooled by puttin' in the VIN only. It is based on the famamous tables given with the two magazine 'Beetle age finder' and 'Bus and type 3' age finder. Unfortunately, for type 2 (and 3 only), there's no information about 70-eis chassis.... well...therefore type 2 buses have the m-code plate!!
Can you share me the birthday value in relationship with your chassis number? I want to create a sample table that intepolates value: so the error will not be more than one month!!!

I will not use any pics you gave me neither publish your values: the only purpose is that chassis number allows the web page to give a reference, in compare with others, to the server web that will respond with a month and year of production.

thank you in advance for your help.
In particular m.y. 1973 and m.y. 1974 and 1976 are missing (I've got few samples)!!!

need
Milano Italy