Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Watercooled technical forums > General
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2008, 21:53
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

Default what car kicked of your addiction?

this is what did it for me...

Old 09-01-2008, 22:14
Forum junkie

My addiction started with my first ride in a GTI 16V from a friend. We were driving in
The Hague. At the trafficlight a BMW 5-series with an older guy appeared next to me. We raced to the next trafficlights. We were just as fast, but i was driving with 4 persons in the car and the beemer-driver was alone. That was the moment that i realised i really really wanted to buy a 16V
Old 09-01-2008, 22:49
Volksforum Aandeelhouder

I don't really remember. My family all drive VW or brands related to that (Audi etc.). So I always knew VW. I guess the Golf MK1 GTI helpt a lot in me liking VW and the 16V my cousin drove aswell, I bought it from him and still have that 16V.
Old 09-01-2008, 22:59
Getting there...

My addiction started with the 1983 MK1 Diesel (5-door, mexico-beige) from my parents. They drove it for 9 years en over 320.000 km's. Wenn i got my license, it was the first car i ever steered in (legally)
Old 09-01-2008, 23:23
Volksforum Aandeelhouder - Vorsprung Durch Lunatic

Seeing my dad and older brothers drooling over our neighbours Mk2 RS2000, white with blue grey tiger stripes when i was about 6 years old is the first memory I have of "street" cars but I suppose seeing 2.0 16v turbo Novas (corsa a's for the continental amongst us ) in Max Power when I was about 14 was what really got me hooked..........

My addiction runs far beyond all things VAG, I just can't think of another car thats so complete for the money as a MK2 16v though...I love them
By the way jaap, that oettinger mk2 is soooooo sexy
I want!!
Witte Mk2 8v under construction, project tijdelijk gestaakt
Old enough to know better, young enough to not give a f**k

Last edited by mk2 stoo : 09-01-2008 at 23:26.
Old 09-01-2008, 23:39
Postwhore

My Jetta-addiction started with my first Jetta, a 1.8 GL Elan automatic. What a car! Then i knew, i had to buy a Jetta years ago! After that i had a Jetta CL 1.6 TD and a Jetta GLi-16V (God, i miss that car!!)

The GL Elan:

The GLi-16V:

Old 10-01-2008, 00:38
Volksforum Triple Action Donor - Paid my piece!

this is what did it for me...

Old 10-01-2008, 23:45
Volksforum Crew - Moderator International Forums

Send a message via MSN to PerL

First, the 1964 VW Type 3 Variant that my dad had when I was born, second, the Audi 100 LS (Type 43) he got as a company car a few years later, and third, the VW 1302 that my oldest brother bought when he turned 18.

Today, we are amost a complete VAG family. I have a 1999 A6 sedan as a primary car, my older brother has a 2001 Passat sedan, my oldest brother has a 2004 A6 Avant, my mother has a 2005 A4 sedan, while my sister and brother-in-law has a '99 Mazda 323F

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1990 Volkswagen Golf CL Syncro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 10-01-2008, 23:51
Class of 2003

Send a message via ICQ to Stijn Send a message via AIM to Stijn Send a message via MSN to Stijn

I grew up around cars, but luckily I didn't get sucked in to my dad's fetish for English cars (oh god...).
When I turned 17 I figured it was about time for a car (since I would START working on my drivers license in about a year ).
Found a 205 1.9GTI in discoball blue with a huge whale-tail and fell in love with it. Luckily, my dad made an intervention and got me a 200 guilder (100 euro) 1978 Scirocco GT... Nice car, but never really realised that back then. Even had the Recaro's with spiderwebbing in the headrests, NICE! Sold it three weeks later and bought a Mk2 GTI 16V. Oh dear.....
Quagmire: 18? You're first.
Connie: Mom!
Quagmire: I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!
Old 11-01-2008, 02:20
Volksforum Aandeelhouder

Send a message via MSN to Arne

Always used to drive Opel/Vauxhalls, especially liked the C20XE equipped ones. The one day, when my girl got her license, I bought her a really cheap Millionaire edition Golf 2. When I drove this car home for 200 km, I really got hooked to it. I wondered how a KR would drive if a 1.8 singlepoint drove this good. So I bought me one. From then, the story is clear, sold my 2.2 Manta and LOVE the KR Golf
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25
Volksforum Aandeelhouder

Send a message via MSN to Erik

For me, it started when I was 15. A friend of my cousin had an original Edition One 16V. Loved the colour, model and wheels. Then it was obvious, I had to have that car! He sold it shortly after my 16th birthday, didn't have the money or guts to buy a car on that age. Couldn't convince my dad either.
Luckely 6 years since then, a similar car makes makes my day a little bit more shiny.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:13
Volksforum Draaideur Donateur

Send a message via MSN to Mister Cool

I can't really remember when my addiction for volkswagens started. But our dad always took us to oldtimershow's, and he drove some oldies, Renault 16, Mercedes W115, W123 and now a W126 8 cylinder. I always liked bugs, and I knew a couple of forum guys around here. So I started looking around for cool VW's on the internet, and I always kept looking. I knew I had to drive a VW, and so I bought my Jetta. Then I got infected, I really loved it.

'86 Jetta 1.6 TD
'85 Golf 1.6 GTD
'82 Bus D
'67 1600A Limousine

Last edited by Mister Cool : 11-01-2008 at 09:15.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:33
Married to PC

* still in denail *

But there's this conspiracy theory that kept me going when in primairy (elementary?) school: that the Audi 80 and the VW Passat where actually the same car's, but that 'the world' liked it to be fooled by the automotive branch. They even renamed the Audi 80 twice: Santana, and later to Passat.. but really: it's the same car, can't you see, moron's! Same panels, doors and stuff, just that the Audi 80 didn't come in a 'stationwagon', didn't mean they wheren't the same. The Audi 50 give it away thought: that was exactly the same car as the Polo. Even I couldn't really tell where the difference was in. That's when it got clear to me, I'm living in the world of the ignorant, with people that just want to be fooled.

*but all this ofcourse in different words, as I was still in primairy On the other hand: there still was 'the cold war', the berlin wall; you could't say it wasn't the time that there could breed a 'mass-delusion-conspiracy-theory's' in a little boy's brain?

Wanted a Golf when I grew up though: local 'hero' (in my point of view) who drove a small taillight Golf. He, a hunter, with rifle's (no gun's) and stuff, used it to find (and catch) poachers. I decided I wanted such a car when I would get my drivers license, but (negative thoughts breeding anyway) I predicted that they wouldn't last another 11 or 12 years: Car's didn't get older then 8 maybe 10 years at that time... so there probably wouldn't be a Golf left in 1995 (when I would get my drivers license)..

In 1999 I finally bought my (our?) first car, being a Polo.

Geld moet rollen*
*maar dan liefst wel mÃ*jn kant op!

Last edited by sjampoo : 11-01-2008 at 18:41.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:33
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to phaeton

Travelling/Sleeping in Kombi's after long drives