Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > Nederlands > Techniek en Tuning Watergekoeld > Algemeen
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 17-11-2017, 22:19
Forum Newbee

Default Dutch specific help for an expat with a 6N

Hi,

Firstly let me apologise for my English in the Dutch part of the forum. If this isn't appropriate let me know. I'm posting here because I'm after some assistance regarding importing a car into Holland.

I moved here from the UK two years ago and brought the car with me at the same time. Since then it's been to RDW about 4 times but sat on the drive the rest of the time. I've also paid a load of tax in that time too

To summarise what I've done so far:
- applied for and approved for the import tax exemption;
- registered with the local council and am paying quarterly tax;
- had the car inspected at RDW.

Next steps (as far as I'm aware):
- Dutch registration including number plates;
- APK.

The problem now is I'm not sure how to get the Dutch plates...

Essentially I'm looking for a garage I can drop it off at so they can complete the rest of the registration. I'm so sick of the entire process that I want to drop it off somewhere and not see it again until it's on the road.

Can anybody recommend me somewhere to do this?
Alternatively if you could advise me of my next steps.

Thanks in advance for your help (and sorry for my English)
Old 21-11-2017, 09:30
Volksforum Crew - S2 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_6N
Hi,

Firstly let me apologise for my English in the Dutch part of the forum. If this isn't appropriate let me know. I'm posting here because I'm after some assistance regarding importing a car into Holland.

I moved here from the UK two years ago and brought the car with me at the same time. Since then it's been to RDW about 4 times but sat on the drive the rest of the time. I've also paid a load of tax in that time too

To summarise what I've done so far:
- applied for and approved for the import tax exemption;
- registered with the local council and am paying quarterly tax;
- had the car inspected at RDW.

Next steps (as far as I'm aware):
- Dutch registration including number plates;
- APK.

The problem now is I'm not sure how to get the Dutch plates...

Essentially I'm looking for a garage I can drop it off at so they can complete the rest of the registration. I'm so sick of the entire process that I want to drop it off somewhere and not see it again until it's on the road.

Can anybody recommend me somewhere to do this?
Alternatively if you could advise me of my next steps.

Thanks in advance for your help (and sorry for my English)

If you're paying taxes, the car is already registered and should have a license plate-number. With this number you can go to your local parts shop and buy two plates, get them on the car and start driving as soon as you have the APK.
Old 21-11-2017, 23:33
Forum Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubber
If you're paying taxes, the car is already registered and should have a license plate-number. With this number you can go to your local parts shop and buy two plates, get them on the car and start driving as soon as you have the APK.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The car was sitting on my drive for about 6 months with UK plates. The local council didnt like that too much and sent me a letter. I've been paying taxes every quarter since. On the form it shows my UK plates.
Old 22-11-2017, 08:47
Volksforum Crew - S2 Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_6N
Hi, thanks for the reply.

The car was sitting on my drive for about 6 months with UK plates. The local council didnt like that too much and sent me a letter. I've been paying taxes every quarter since. On the form it shows my UK plates.

Okay, but still. Once the Douane has given you the tax exemption and the RDW has done the technical approval, you should have received the license plate number via the RDW. Did you not receive a 'kentekencard'? A little green card, creditcard sized, which has a license plate number on it?
Old 22-11-2017, 08:53
Forum Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubber
Okay, but still. Once the Douane has given you the tax exemption and the RDW has done the technical approval, you should have received the license plate number via the RDW. Did you not receive a 'kentekencard'? A little green card, creditcard sized, which has a license plate number on it?

No I've not received anything like this. I did post copies of everything again yesterday though so hopefully in a week either the RDW or the belastingdeinst will tell me what is still outstanding.

I think that because everything has been done in an unusual order they haven't pieced it all together. Now that I've sent everything together in one go I hope they will realise.
Old 29-11-2017, 00:23
Forum Newbee

My kentekencard arrived today guys. Thanks so much for your help