Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > General > Who is who
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 18-10-2012, 17:22
5 Cylinder Turbo Donateur

Default Audi 1981 - Holland

Thought an introduction into the international section would be nice

My name is Joram, previously the owner of a brown '83 Audi diesel wich i converted to GTD with a mk2 GTD engine;

Fantastic car and as the kilometers add up on my current mk4 i sometimes scratch the back of my head and wonder if the cost/km of a oldtimer are that low, or that the new sensor driven generations of cars are costing more then i like them to be

VW/Audi is in the family though and i try to spread the enthousiasm for them...my sisters '85 Santana 1.8;

Together with the Audi;

Nice pair

My brother in law's Cordoba was in need of a new floor, so whe scrapped the Cordoba and found a Polo Coupé for a small price;

Then after a career switch for my girl, whe decided a mk4 TDI would be ideal as main transport;

Very reliable car with the 90hp AGR TDI, economic and simple
Now owned by a forum member who slammed it with air and a frame notch

But as the time passed, i missed the space of an estate car, after a short search i stumbled upon this lovely Bora estate TDI;

Quite rare in Holland, because they cost 1,5 times a similar Golf estate and ,besides the optics, there's nothing really different about them exept the looks...
The Bora needed a lot of TLC so i decided to put it in storage for a while, gathering parts and planning the big overhaul

In a 2 -week marathon my girl and i took apart almost every moving part of the Bora, suspension, brakes, clutch & flywheel, starter etc. etc.

All bushes replaced by poly-urethane and the lower arms, stabilizer rods and rear axle painted black by my girl.

A complete set of Eibach shocks and ABT springs lowered the Bora and gave it a rock-hard ride, but as tight in cornering as no other stock mk4

The end result after the overhaul and a good wash, clay and wax job;

Audio is present with Alpine 235BT HU and Ground Zero speaker units, nothing fancy, good quality
All guarded by a class-3 alarm and allmost in need of its first service and an MOT now.

I will be posting here in allmost all of the sections to questions and problems i have knowledge and experience with

Last edited by Audi1981 : 18-10-2012 at 17:52.
Old 18-10-2012, 17:34
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

What a nice and extensive introduction post. Love the Bora (but love the Audi more, still have a soft-spot for those)
Old 18-10-2012, 17:54
5 Cylinder Turbo Donateur

I find myself wondering through the Audi 80&90 adds more and more Jaap, so i think there will be a successor for the 80 GTD...