Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Watercooled technical forums > Golf and Jetta Mk3
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2004, 01:02
Forum Newbee

Exclamation I need some help

I have jetta 95III 2.0 ABA engine with 87,000 miles on it, but dosen't feel well with the engine. the engine stalls sometimes when is running and when I wait the green light on the street, felling like small explotions, the car have complete tune up and new MAf sensor but the wierd part on this only happen with the engine it's warm and runing on the street. when it's parking the engine no show problems at all, the engine dosen't have missfire no check engine light on or lose power. somebody can help me?
Old 13-04-2004, 15:42
Forum Newbee

Send a message via AIM to southside

Quote:
Originally Posted by gironpapi
I have jetta 95III 2.0 ABA engine with 87,000 miles on it, but dosen't feel well with the engine. the engine stalls sometimes when is running and when I wait the green light on the street, felling like small explotions, the car have complete tune up and new MAf sensor but the wierd part on this only happen with the engine it's warm and runing on the street. when it's parking the engine no show problems at all, the engine dosen't have missfire no check engine light on or lose power. somebody can help me?

i wish i knew about 2.0's...my buddy down the street pulls them apart in his sleep, I'll ask him and see wut he thinks
Old 22-12-2004, 06:19
Forum Newbee

Send a message via AIM to dasherh20

check all of your vacuum hoses especially the ones that go to the fuel pressure regulator,make sure they are not cracked or dry rotted.if all that checks out try checking the timing, the timing belt may have jumped time or the distributor could be going bad.if you haven't replaced the fuel filter now would be a good time to do it.it could also be a bad coil, try spraying the coil with a spray bottle, with the car running, at night time(so that you can see if the spark from the coil is arcing out somewhere).most importantly look for bad grounds,check your battery cables,and make sure you have the correct sparkplug wires with the steel boot covers preferably bosch.just a few things you can do real cheap or for nothing to try and lead you in the right direction.