Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Watercooled technical forums > Golf and Jetta Mk2
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2004, 17:55
VW Enthousiast

Default Tron's Illegal Day Trip to JS Performance, unique flaw & spotted pics

soooo Tron was to come off the road soon as i have my 1981 diesel
lellolapin to drive whilst Tron gets repairs/mods/massive changes this
summer... however, VegasJetta is arranging for a keg party on June
18th in Vegas (where else:p) so i had to be
sure to have some things done before the insurance ran out on Tron.
(parking 'er for a month or so, then reinsuring)

funny thing about that... i was supposed to get things fixed the other
day, then go to aircare (emissions testing) and pass before parking
'er... as Tron failed miserably last year due to off the charts high
CO readings, as she was running very rich etc & the stealership wanted $120cdn to sniff Tron's exhaust with a gas analyzer and set that right. anyways, i thought Tron's insurance was up on the 29th... so on the 28th i had repairs done by master vw tech Jose at his new shop in Abbotsford BC (shameless plug for a good guy) called JS Performance & was going to get the emissions test done on the 29th. woopsy doodle, insurance ran out on the 27th! so i drove all over hell's half acre on the 28th with no insurance! oops...

:laugh: went to JS Performance, 25min drive... then back, then damn
near into Vancouver (~1hour away) then to a friends, back home etc etc lol

annnnyways, the purpose of this thread is to show ya some things Tron had done and a unique flaw she had that Jose found...

first off, on the way... check this out, the infamous Surrey BC now openly admits the career fate of their highschool graduates: :laugh:

then there was a horsey alongside the busy road i was on, pretty pretty horsey:

nice mountain in the view on the way there too:

didn't get a pick, but a bit before the last pic i called 911 to report a huge fire burning in a field with no people around... not sure if it was farmer/land developers controlled burn or not - so, to err on the side of caution, i made the call... 'cause only YOU can prevent forrest fires!:p

Tron on jack stands: (Jose's 63rd on a waiting list for a hoist install! yes, there was a sale.:p)

Tron pissing oil - oh, and yes - this is 25k km oil bwaahaha

oil pan nut w/ many washers on it.:screwY:

still making peepee...

just as soon as the oil change was done, with Motul 50501 (nothing but the best for Tron's annual oil change:p) the idle dropped from a gasaholic 1250 to 1050 instantaneously. :laugh:

Jose heard a vacuum leak and ordered up some top & bottom injector seals... when he tried to pop out the 2nd injector from the passenger side, the entire insert came with it! he'd never seen that before! (and neither had i) he's worked on motorcycles and vw's/audi's for decades - and has never had that happen... the insert wasn't even screwed into the engine!

once the vacuum leak was repaired, the idle dropped to a dead steady 950.

spotted a unimog in the parking lot:

Jose's apprentice, Duncan:

Tron's bum hole getting sniffed:

and now some random "all done!" pics and spotted pics of Malone's mk2 Jetta Coupe that's getting a TDi swap this week/month.

soooo without insurance i couldn't go get the emissions testing done, so, gonna have to get a day permit in a month or so to make that one happen.

annnnd, that about wraps up Tron's illegal trip to JS Performance' All Import auto spa.:p

things to fix for vegas trip:

replace headlight

get wheels balanced properly... Tron gets the hippy hippy shakes at

~110kmh+ heh

stock with supplies, redbull, canadian beer etcetera

and now that these fixes have been done she drives smoother/better than ever... oh what a history - last year i had the dealer set the timing (it's slightly advanced now, which is fine) and they couldn't believe my car even RAN for the 2 years before that... timing was off FOUR notches. goooooo 8v!:p anyways, now that this stuff has been done i'll save enough in gas mileage, even with donut tires, to play an extra hand or two at the blackjack tables.
Old 02-05-2004, 13:23
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

LOL have fun in vegas... i've driven cars without insurance around before and i know the feeling, you see a cop behind every tree, and an accident in every passing car.... not fun...
Old 18-05-2004, 16:19
Forum Newbee

meh....insurance
Old 27-05-2004, 19:03
VW Enthousiast

pic host died i think

as i'm sure it's the same there, it's not the value of my car or theirs that i worry about... but rather, the medical bills & other crap lawyers can sue for. (millions)