Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Watercooled technical forums > Golf and Jetta Mk2
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2005, 00:18
Forum Newbee

Question -=my new golf need help!! =-

i bought a mk2 golf gti and i was told it was a wolfsburg edition is this true did wolfsburg do anything special to the mk2 and the person who i bought it off said its 186bhp at the wheels with slip diff and he said its got two fuel pumps on the back, i know there's a wolfburg factory but i dont know if they done anythin special to the golf i'd really like to know thanks!! Madman
Old 09-01-2005, 00:40
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

where are you from?
there was a limited offering of WOB edition's in europe. they are quite rare and rather sought after. in the US how-ever it's just a trimline they slapped on pretty much any other mk2. weather it was made in wolfsburg or in Mexico. so those aren't rare at all.
the 2 pumps on the back are normal. 1 in the tank one on the outside.
186HP.... not impossible at all. but def. not stock. i'd ask the previous owner what has been done to it, or atleast to show some numbers on that claim.

welcome to the forums btw.
Old 09-01-2005, 19:04
Forum Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaap
where are you from?
there was a limited offering of WOB edition's in europe. they are quite rare and rather sought after. in the US how-ever it's just a trimline they slapped on pretty much any other mk2. weather it was made in wolfsburg or in Mexico. so those aren't rare at all.
the 2 pumps on the back are normal. 1 in the tank one on the outside.
186HP.... not impossible at all. but def. not stock. i'd ask the previous owner what has been done to it, or atleast to show some numbers on that claim.

welcome to the forums btw.

Hi mate, im from uk wales, i was told it was 186bhp as standard?? he recons it has'nt been touched as he as had the golf from new, its only got 86k on the clocks not bad i recon, well he said only 500 of the wolfsburg editions were brought over here in 1989 i dont know how to prove this, or to prove if it really is a wolfsburg edition, can you help me plz were do i go to ask or can you tell me if i give you the vin number would the vin number tell us mate thanx!! madman
Old 09-01-2005, 20:47
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

i dunno if you can tell by the VIN #. but there are certain aspects that tell you if it's a WOB or not
certain colour and upholstery and stuff.
i'm sure somebody will chime in on the details. if you have pics most people could identify it.
Old 10-01-2005, 17:09
Forum Newbee

Is he selling a mk2 golf g60 edition 1 ? mulberry / or very dark purple in colour left hand drive bbs alloys, larger arch extensions ?