Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > General > New meetings & GTG's
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 29-03-2004, 22:35
VW Enthousiast

Default open invitation to gtg at my house

anytime

i live 2 doors over from a church w/ a rather large parking lot we can abuse...

directions:

take europe over to asia

keep going

hang a north to russia

pass syberia (do not collect $200)

keep going

catch the berring straight ferry

ride the waves, d00ders! :p

arrive in america - well, one of the detached freak states anyways... alaska

you'll be facing east when you dock

hang a south (right hand turn, 90 degrees)

drive straight on 'til morning

cross into canada (you'll know you're here when the people all of the sudden look the same as in alaska but seem to be FAR more intelligent & comical)

drive straight for a little ways

gimme a call on my cell when you hit the greater vancouver area (604.761.4755 - that's seriously my numbah)

note: if you hit the american border again that heads into washington state, you've driven about 20mins too far.

if you get stuck in the border lineup and have to cross into the us of a (God have mercy on your soul) spin around and head back to canada asap... and say hi to my older bro at the border for me. (he works there)

cheers,
cya'll soon!
vw_dick

Old 04-04-2004, 07:21
Forum Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_dick

if you get stuck in the border lineup and have to cross into the us of a (God have mercy on your soul) spin around and head back to canada asap... and say hi to my older bro at the border for me. (he works there)

last time I was up that way, the Canadian border was MUCH harder to cross than the US border... Went to the truck crossing, canadians had like bulletproof vests/flack jackets, and they took us inside of the building for 15 minutes and scanned our passports and did background checks or whatever...

but then again that was at like 5 or 6am and we were pretty much the only people there, and it probably keeps the border people awake
Old 04-04-2004, 19:49
VW Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prizice
last time I was up that way, the Canadian border was MUCH harder to cross than the US border... Went to the truck crossing, canadians had like bulletproof vests/flack jackets, and they took us inside of the building for 15 minutes and scanned our passports and did background checks or whatever...

but then again that was at like 5 or 6am and we were pretty much the only people there, and it probably keeps the border people awake

in surrey? the 176th street truck crossing?

americans where vests too.
americans are armed too... canadians aren't, yet. (may be within a couple years)

yeah, they'll do the full show when they've got nothing else to do & could potentially catch someone/something. it's not meant to be offensive, just thorough. you'd be surprised how many people figure they'll be able to slip thru in the early hours of the morning as if their guard is down. so dumb, since that's when they have the most time to scrutinize travellers.
Old 04-04-2004, 20:05
Class of 2003

Send a message via ICQ to Stijn Send a message via AIM to Stijn Send a message via MSN to Stijn

Alaska....nice place, really

Anyway, how's about tomorrow?
Quagmire: 18? You're first.
Connie: Mom!
Quagmire: I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!
Old 04-04-2004, 20:33
VW Enthousiast

well, i got fired from my job last week (contemplating filing for wrongful dismissal)- so it's not like i have to go to work.:p feel free to drop by. i'll bake cookies. jk, store bought for you.