Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Off Topic > General
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 27-07-2004, 10:19
VW Enthousiast

Default gone kitin' & lovin' it :D

i know there's at least one kiter on these forums - i forget who - but anyways... here's today's pic thread:

headed down to the beach with some local friends, their kids, & some of my relatives.

good times. was the 3rd or 4th time i've been to a beach in about 6 years, and we've got a lot of 'em here.

anyways - took the little kite out, even though the wind was really light - it was still fun to fly.

tide was way in, so there wasn't much room to launch from the beach/grassy area... in fact - on one launch, i grazed some girls' pony tail with the kite sail. (that's a *huge* no-no... striking someone with the lines would be very, very bad)

anywho - pics:

i'm hoping to convince a few local buddies to train up & then hit the beach and get kiteboarding/surfing - then snowkiting this winter (snowboards) & buggies and landboards next year. going to be throwing up a simple community/info site at airgasm.ca when time/money permits as well. should be good fun. =)

as per sports and fitness, i'd much rather go out flying in decent wind and get launched clear off the ground (as i did last week in merrit!) than go push a few weights. it's a good workout. (wind resistance) & i've woken up pretty sore a couple times... i can only imagine how sore i'll be once my "real" kite arrives - it's twice as big. (and still not considered that big at all - but big enough to get into surfing/snow kiting with, and even this "little" one is big enough to board/buggy/snowkite with - but not surf, more friction with water = more power needed = bigger sail blah blah)

edit: this is at white rock beach, in south surrey - bc, canada.

Old 27-07-2004, 10:58
VW Enthousiast

got launched clear off the ground in merrit, bc:

decent pic here:

wind was just a blowin' hard during most of the 12th annual merrit mountain music festival last week. (i worked there) - took the kite out on 3 different days, and on two of 'em i got airborn! on the 2nd time i was lying on my back, launched the kite, and it put my right up on my feet in an instant and then skyward! soooo much fun.

thought this pic looked neat - so i posted.. this is the concert events grounds w/ the center stage setup to look a bit like a barn. it's in merrit, bc, a 3 1/2 hour drive from vancouver - in a desert area. it hit 42 degrees during the day, and under 10 degrees at night. (C)
Old 27-07-2004, 19:31
Volksforum Crew - Moderator International Forums

Send a message via MSN to PerL

My brother is into kiting, but I've never tried it (yet). Looks cool though!

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1990 Volkswagen Golf CL Syncro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 27-07-2004, 19:42
VW Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerL
My brother is into kiting, but I've never tried it (yet). Looks cool though!

try it!

it's good fun & a good workout.

it's going to only get funner when i get a bigger kite (twice the size) and a harness to go with it... hellllooo surfing.
Old 27-07-2004, 23:11
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

good work-out no shit...

i couldn't move my arms for 3 days after i tried it the first time...
i went boarding a couple times, but it's too hard for me... i like buggying though, little easier but def. as much fun.
Old 28-07-2004, 04:15
VW Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaap
good work-out no shit...

i couldn't move my arms for 3 days after i tried it the first time...
i went boarding a couple times, but it's too hard for me... i like buggying though, little easier but def. as much fun.

nice!

i'll be building some red cedar and fiberglass kitesurf boards this fall/late summer.

plan to buy a buggy and landboard next summer.

got my snowboard gear setup, just need a harness for that well, and for my other bigger higher tech kite to be made and shipped over from japan...

im hoping i can get a few friends involved and take it off from there w/ airgasm.ca & have some weekend fun with it all

(site under construction... just need time and money to get'er'done :p)