Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Off Topic > General
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 13-05-2006, 11:19
Forum Newbee

Default Back to 89 Website live and ready for you!

intro

Back to 89 is about bringing back the show cars of yesteryear from the UK scene. To educate new enthusiasts to the scene what kind of inspirational cars that were built when the UK scene entered into a new wave with the springboard of Bug Jam based on a US format of drag racing and show n shine thanks to Brett Hawkesbee and also the new magazine back then called Volksworld launched by Keith Seume. It also gives many of us that have been going to the shows and reading about VW show cars some great memories, and seeing the cars out again is really rewarding.

You may of read about Back to 89 in "Ultra VW" magazine, and I felt that now was the time to say "Hi" and say "im here!".

onto the website

Have a look at the website and let me know what you guys think?

Click the link - BACK TO 89 WEBSITE

Phase 1 was the construction site with new left bar links added during the past year. However behind the scenes phase 2 has been built.

Phase 2 has:

- over 600 pictures from the nostalgia archives
- Volkslore section giving the story of Thump! Thump! (with workshop pics) and The Paintbox as well as a register on most of the cars on the books.
- Back to 89 club
- Nostalgia Store
- Magazine Store (email me for a list of current mags available)
- European Nostalgia (European Nostalgia with Tobias)
- The Feature Car section will be showing "Blue Nun" the sedan/wizard built by California Bug Shop in the Midlands.
- Links

Bug Jam this year at Santa Pod raceway will be the annual Back to 89 Display, and be sure to check out the new publication fanzine called "Volkslore" on sale at Bug Jam.

A few well known cars that are in my displays may give you and idea into what this site is all about.

Matt Fulbrooks "Blue Nun" cars been in the UK scene since 88 and Matt manages the Back to 89 club side.

My own car Lemon Meringue

Alan Smart Oval - possibly the best ever bug to come out of the UK. Pic taken in 04, and was built in 1988/89

Bernie Newbury's Ghia - Best high tech custom to be built and global magazine features. Winning "Best Back to 89 Nostalgia" at VW Action 2003.

Enjoy the site and let me have your feedback as it helps me see what you like and dislike for future webdesigning as well as your feelings to "Back to 89".

Stu

http://www.backto89nostalgia.com/