Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Watercooled technical forums > Polo 6N, 6N2, 9N and 6R
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 22-02-2010, 06:11
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

Default New CrossPolo unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by press release
Wolfsburg / Geneva, 19 February 2010 – The next generation of the CrossPolo is ready for new adventures. The clever compact in rugged all-terrain look is celebrating its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show. After the Polo base version presented in 2009 and the Polo BlueMotion (debut in 2010) with its superior and possibly record-breaking fuel efficiency, as well as the Polo GTI now also debuting in Geneva, the CrossPolo completes the series as a fourth model. With its refreshingly cheeky design, unique world of colours and features, and a higher ride height (15 millimetre gain), the five-door is very appealing as one of the most unconventional vehicles in its class.
This all-rounder is powered by extremely fuel-efficient engines with a power range from 51 kW / 70 PS to 77 kW / 105 PS. Buyers can choose from three petrol and three common rail TDI engines. Three of the six engines can be ordered with a 7-speed DSG, like the one used on vehicles such as the Polo GTI.

Engine variety: Three petrol, three diesel and one 7-speed DSG

The six engines of the CrossPolo have power levels between 51 kW / 70 PS and 77 kW / 105 PS. The entry level among the petrol engines is represented by the 70-PS version with a 1.2 litre displacement. Following at the next level is a 1.4-litre engine with 63 kW / 85 PS. The top petrol engine is the new 1.2 TSI with the mentioned 105 PS. This turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine accelerates the CrossPolo to 100 km/h in 9.9 seconds, reaches a respectable top speed of 188 km/h, yet has a combined fuel consumption of just 5.5 litres of fuel (equivalent to 128 g/km CO2). The highlight here: The Volkswagen not only attains these values in conjunction with the standard 6-speed gearbox, but also with the optional 7-speed DSG, an automatic. Also deliverable as an optional DSG version is the CrossPolo with 85 PS.

Among the quietest engines of their kind are the three common rail, direct-injection turbodiesels (TDI) fitted with a particulate filter. All engines have 1.6 litre displacement and are available at the power levels 55 kW / 75 PS, 66 kW / 90 PS and 77 kW / 105 PS. All three variants need just 4.3 litres of diesel per 100 km in combined mode and emit just 113 grams CO2 per kilometre. The 90-PS version can also be combined with the direct shift gearbox as an option; in this case, combined fuel consumption is 4.6 l/100 km. All CrossPolo engines meet the limits of the Euro-5 emissions standard.

Advance sales for the new Volkswagen are beginning in march. In Germany, the CrossPolo will already arrive at Volkswagen dealers and first customers at the end of May. Right afterwards, the market launch will continue across Europe and in Japan.

http://germancarscene.com/2010...ealed

Last edited by Tjaap : 22-02-2010 at 06:20.
Old 22-02-2010, 11:13
Volksforum Crew

i like!
Old 22-02-2010, 12:21
Volksforum Draaideur Donateur Wheeler Dealer

Send a message via AIM to breadfan83 Send a message via MSN to breadfan83

Schweeeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
broodfanaat heeft gelijk

Buyer / seller feedback thread
Golf mk2 16v W.I.P.