Volksforum.com

Go Back   Volksforum.com > International > Watercooled technical forums > Golf and Jetta Mk5
User Name
Password
Home FAQ Register Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2005, 23:46
Forum Newbee

Send a message via MSN to MLA
Exclamation New car miles when the car is delivered to you

I just bought a new A5/jetta/bora. The car got the dealer on 03/07/05 in the evening, I bought the car on the following day at the evening, and the car already had 25 miles on it. Is this how supposed to be? Or the car came from the manufacture with a few miles on it?
Old 10-03-2005, 23:49
Volksforum Crew - You WILL comply!!

25 miles should be around right. just add up all the small drives... factory to the lot. to the train, to the ship, to another train, onto a trailer, into the dealerlot. adds up pretty quickly...

now that we're past this. WELCOME and PICS!!!!! you're the first member with a mk5 jetta.
Old 11-03-2005, 00:02
Forum Newbee

Default only one to own a Bora in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaap
25 miles should be around right. just add up all the small drives... factory to the lot. to the train, to the ship, to another train, onto a trailer, into the dealerlot. adds up pretty quickly...

now that we're past this. WELCOME and PICS!!!!! you're the first member with a mk5 jetta.

Thank you for the reply. Yes is very exiting the new car. As far pics I will have some soon, the car is silver exactly the one they have at the www.vw.com. With the detail that in some where from german to Colorado they are suppose to replace the logo ‘Bora’ for ‘Jetta” and apparently they forgot that. I probably will be the only one to own a Bora in USA. Please read my other post, about the speakers, I’m a little disappointed but the dealer is already taken care.

Thanks again
Old 11-03-2005, 00:13
6k and counting...

Send a message via MSN to Beetlefreak

Welcum indeed! You guys are first with the new Jetta, only seen factory pix yet :frown:
Bring us more

Just peeped into some folders in my archive, 'new'-mileage is never 0.
Saw an Mk2 with already 140 Km! and a Mk 3 with 'just' 24 Km on it.

Good luck with your new baby

Flickr

Fryske Âlde Skoalle Loftkuolle Gêrs Jarre Memmebatsers!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:11
Volksforum Crew - Moderator International Forums

Send a message via MSN to PerL

Welcome, and congratulatios on your new Jetta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA
With the detail that in some where from german to Colorado they are suppose to replace the logo ‘Bora’ for ‘Jetta” and apparently they forgot that. I probably will be the only one to own a Bora in USA.

Wait a minute, are you saying that your car actually has a Bora badge on the rear end, from the factory??? These cars arent made in Germany, they are made in Puebla, Mexico. Apparently also the European models (when they arrive here) will be shipped from Mexico to Europe, just like the New Beetle.

1999 Audi A6 quattro
1990 Volkswagen Golf CL Syncro
1987 Audi Coupe quattro
Old 11-03-2005, 13:20
Volksforum Crew - S2 Racer

I've worked at a VW/Audi-Dealer and had an internship at Volkswagen. New cars ALWAYS have some miles on the clock when they are delivered. Just like Tjaap says. And I don't know how it's done on your side of the pond, but over here (The Netherlands) the cars are delivered with a filled fuel-tank. So things like a testdrive by the dealer as a check-up and fueling are also required.
Old 11-03-2005, 20:58
Forum Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerL
Welcome, and congratulatios on your new Jetta!

Wait a minute, are you saying that your car actually has a Bora badge on the rear end, from the factory??? These cars arent made in Germany, they are made in Puebla, Mexico. Apparently also the European models (when they arrive here) will be shipped from Mexico to Europe, just like the New Beetle.

yes .. that how it came, with Bora in the rear.... and you are right checking the docs the car were assembled in mexico. 8% usa parts, +30% german parts, transmission form japan, and the rest from mexico.
Old 12-03-2005, 17:13
VW Guru

I compared this one to the Passat, I like the Jetta more

Old Car:
Golf 2 GTI 1984
Golf 3 TDI 140pk 1997 (Chipped)
Audi A4 Avant Pro Line TDI 2005
Old 03-04-2010, 21:46
Forum Newbee

When I picked up my MK5 Golf (the rabbit) here in North America on 24 June 2006 it had 16.8 miles on it and as of today 3 April 2010 I have 15271 miles on.
Old 03-04-2010, 21:59
Volksforum Draaideur Donateur Wheeler Dealer

Send a message via AIM to breadfan83 Send a message via MSN to breadfan83

Worked at a dealership myself, and we used to reset the odo before handing over the keys. I believe this was possible up until 25km's total, and only once, by pressing and holding the odo-button for a few secs.

Oh, and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
broodfanaat heeft gelijk

Buyer / seller feedback thread
Golf mk2 16v W.I.P.
Boot-sale
Old 24-08-2010, 19:26
VW Enthousiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA
I just bought a new A5/jetta/bora. The car got the dealer on 03/07/05 in the evening, I bought the car on the following day at the evening, and the car already had 25 miles on it. Is this how supposed to be? Or the car came from the manufacture with a few miles on it?

There is only 1 place in the world where someone can purchase a car with 0 miles on it. That place would be the VW dealer in Wolfsburg.

Every car sold at their newest tower design depot was never driven, started nor had another person behind the wheel. All of the vehicles are placed in a small cube by crane and when the car is ordered in the show room, a crane moves it down for the customer to be received by the customer.

When the customer sits in the car, the car is started for the very first time.

In the U.S. There is a federal law that does NOT allow the odometer to be reset for any reason other than to match the original unit during replacement of a defective unit. This procedure must also be documented.

I am not sure how other countries are.
Old 24-08-2010, 19:38
Volksforum Aandeelhouder

I'm sorry to say so, but even those cars have driven a few miles. They drive out of the factory, through a tunnel to the museum (Autostadt) where the towers are located.

Please keep in mind that the Wolfsburg factory site is the biggest factory (in one location) in the world. It is as big as the country Monaco (where the Formule 1 race is driven in Monaco city), Monaco as a country is bigger then the city it self...