View Single Post
Old 13-08-2010, 11:44
Forum Newbee

Sorry i forgot to update you guys.

Got the powdercoat back

Unfortunately its not thick enough to hide my crap welding but when its on the car you wont see it anyway.

TT hub assemblies and lower arm combo wont work unfortunately with the new 8.5" BBS CH's. Have way too much poke, camber and caster. And the Brembos wont fit as the disc has a high offset and hits the ball joint extender part. Wont work with the 312mm discs as the caliper hits the wheel and no room for a spacer.

The brembos do look a little tiny, may need some larger discs at some point.

Odviously its a bit cramped in my garage and the back end is'nt on yet so i used my "spare" mock up rallye to see how they fit using mk2 arms and hub assemblies with VR flanges.

Also had the rear R32 hubs and outer CV's machined for the smaller wheel bearing and ABS rings.

And thanks to ebay again i have found some tyres. Goodyear eagle F1's 215/40/17's. Only a month old then he got hit by a bus.

I'm now concentrating on getting the back end put back together, doing the brake lines, getting everything for the front end powdercoated and hopefully then getting her back on her wheels, as its been three years since she rolled into the garage. Would be nice for her to see some sunshine.

Laters. Hope you enjoy