View Single Post
Old 13-07-2007, 12:59
Forum Newbee

Sure! Sorry for didn't do that before.
Thank to volksforum.com to host me in this space.

My name is Daniele Mariani and I live in a little village between Milano and Bergamo, italy. I'm 31 years old and my job is informatic engeener. I love 'spotting' serial numbers of vintage vw and try to recognize the prod and purchase period, helped by sign plate sometimes.
I belong to "Maggiolino Käfer Club", Lissone Milano ( www.maggiolino.it ). Maggiolino is the italian nickname for beetle ('ino' means little to the end of italian words, so super beetle are called maggiolone --> 'one' means big)

Well I own a beetle '6v 1963 turkish green: only 90000km with perfect interior. Original '63 plate from Torino, Italy.
The only problem is paint: must be repainted because you can see the primer behind!!! No rust at least!!!!
The second is a VW 1302 m.y. 1971, restored and (bad) repainted from previous owner with pastel white (original was shantung yellow, sigh!!! sush as rare color 'wasted' with the 'common' L90D!!!!)

I want to speak about my 1st passion: spotting italian signplates. In Italy from 1927 to 1994, we used plates in relationship with town land. The plates were black with white chars until 1985, then white with black chars. From 1994 there is a national common unified serialization that starded from AA 000 AA ... (now we reached DJ 000 AA more or less!!).
The plates can't follow the owner, and in the past if you were selling the car to another man outside of your city land, he had to replace it, losing the 'originality'. With 1994 law, the old plates remains on the old italian car forever (or until they sold aborad!!!): so I've found a Torino's original one, bought after the new codification. The 1302 is original as well!!! That's why here in Italy old cars imported from abroad, with new sign plates sounds strange!!!
What about Holland: I can see some cars with old black plates....?

here one pics of my 6v

greetings