View Single Post
Old 31-03-2014, 15:24
Forum Newbee

Drag Day -- -- March 16th 2014 -- Irwindale CA

Man ---- What a great Day at the track (temps in the 90's)-- Meant to take some pictures,,,,but .. ... LOL -- Thanks to Vince for babysitting me and my stuff at the Swap meet -- But I was bouncing around like a 2 year old on a sugar rush -- There was a TON of people there today -- The swap meet was 5 times bigger than last year -- Got there over a hour before the gates opened and the line snaked through the parking lot and out and DOWN the street -- Got to walk the track with Schweenie (Jon Schweers owner of the ProMod Notchback) and his kid first thing,, got to hear all the latest rumours and gossip -- Helped unload a few cars and harass a few powder puff contestants,, they were giving as good as they were getting LOL -- -- Mike Lawless's Blue Ghia was hauling the mail today, just a beautiful thing to watch it make a pass, Gave BIG RED (Mark Lawless, who went red at the March Meet by almost a second LOL) some abuse and then congratulated him on going rounds at Bakersfield, Congrats Mike on winning -- Tony Klink's car (Super Street) was just violent when leaving the line today,,, Walked up and introduced myself to Tony and his crew --- What a nice, great group of guys -- Nice win Tony -- Heard a rumour the Pat McDermitt has or will soon fire the ProMod Fiat 850 and should be at the track soon -- Johnny Leso (Engine builder extrodinar) was everywhere -- Frank the Bank (Owner of the Executioner ProMod) was getting fired up watching all the goings on -- Dom (Dominic Luppino, Bugpac) the birthday boy was running around

But by 3pm I was a crispy fired critter and had hit the wall..... It was 90* there today, and I had to pull the plug and go home -- I'm so sunburnt, it is gonna hurt tomorrow....

Thanks to everyone for making it a great day -- Man I've got to get that new trans in my Ghia -- If you weren't there you were probably frezing your rear off somewhere