View Single Post
Old 14-01-2010, 16:33
Forum Newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubber
Hi Patrick,

Nice of you to start up a thread over here. Looks like you have a whole lot of work to do, but the plans sound great. I always like a original lookin Rallye, so I opt for the grey powdercoat-option

In the Dutch section there is a thread of a guy named Corné who's also droppin a R32 in his Rallye. He added a Rotrex supercharger aswell. The lingo will probably be a problem, but the pictures explain a lot. Here's the thread:

http://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53086

Wow yeah nice but cant understand a word of it.

I cant believe that front crossmember. I had a similar problem as i kept the air con pump. I had 4 x 1" washers machined to space the crossmember down then a 1" spacer for the engine mount back up. Also helped with my rad clearance also, i also used a passat VR6 rad support as they are much lower than the crossmember.

The red rallye unfortunately had to die. We had a lovely little ceremony at the end of the garden, it was really emotional, i wore a black armband for months after.

I did need a sill for the black one as the chap removed it completely. I also kept the rear quarters just incase. Sold the floor and the tunnel to make another syncro.

A friend crashed his rallye the same week, so 2 dead in a week.

Just been and collected another ebay bargain.

Grey rhd syncro carpets £1.20!!!!!!! ( thanks Chris)

I never knew 3dr and 5dr were the same carpets.

Laters