View Single Post
Old 16-06-2006, 22:38
Married to PC

Exactemundo..

If you fit another engine, which was originally sold as such in your model (but in another car), it's in there 'database' of 'known-good-setups'. So when I fit a MN engine the type will change from: 867 131 (Polo CL, 4 speed tranny, HH engine (60 horses petrol) to 867 194 (Polo CL, 5 speed tranny, MN engine (40 horses diesel).

There is no 'type' which states 'Polo CL, 5 speed tranny, 1W engine (43 horses diesel), so that would force a 'complete' testing: road-track testing, sound tests, etc etc: very expensive, for 3 horses moren.

IF it allready has got the 40 horses MN engine on the licence/registration, I can easily pop-in an 1W engine since there aint no big changes in horses or fuel. the usual MOT-guys won't notice, and no-one will care.

--
@ Stijn: Since I'm allready depressed on the power-output,. the 1.4 liter engine will swap straight in if the MOT-test goes ok next thursday,.. but in the end, that won't do the trick: Either I'll fit a G40 charger (expensive but original ) or build myself the 1.6 diesel block out of petrol+diesel blocks (data not available: probably a project to fail), or it'll get a turbo, or a combination of all these..

Geld moet rollen*
*maar dan liefst wel mÃ*jn kant op!