View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 10:14
Forum Newbee

Default Building a Mk5 Golf Country GTI! Mömus Project Build

Hi Guys! I'm Rolf, I work for Mömus - #stuffforcarguys, and I hope some of you might be interested in our new project build!

After a year of standing, it is time to revamp my GTI. After having the chain on the good old 2.0 turbo break, the car has been put inside our shop here at Mömus, to await its destiny.

In better days...

First off, the car is a RHD. It was my daily when I worked in Ireland, and could not say goodbye. So it came back home with me, and shortly after had the breakdown. My first thoughts were to rebuild it as a track car, or perhaps to stance it out for weekend use only. However, none of these ideas really motivated me to rebuild it. It had to be worth it. Something different, something new, at least to me.

And one morning it hit me, a Mk5 Golf Country GTI, inspired by the Mk2 Country Golf GTI!

So lets get started. First thing on the to do list is to take the front apart and and disassemble everything needed to get the engine out.

The engine itself has been partly disassembled already, to see what happened to it.

Then the front fenders can go too, as they will be way to narrow for what what I have in mind here.

We will be making a video series on the progress too: