View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 23:18
Married to PC

small update:

I just can't kill the 1300cc diesel engine I put in last year.. no matter how much I abuse the little basterd; It keeps on going.

It made me feel heroic, and I could not resist to take the car for a spin ( or 3 to be exact ) on the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife..

Meanwhile,. the 2 or maybe even 300.000 km's only made it take about 2 liters of oil..

The abscence of any power at all forced me to take some measures on my timing skale (which doesn't exist)

Working on an inlet.

First attempt:

It turns out there might be appropriate space between the firewall and diesel-pump anyway....

From the top looking down, it sure looks like it might fit, but in real-life it's all quite crowded. Bonnet squezes everything down and does lock, but with any movements of the engine, it probably won't take long to have friction dismantle the lot...

Some space can be acquired by modifying the brake-servo's position masterbrake
still in doubt if I need a pressure-regulating system:

Standard fit on empty-body-shell:

Modded fit (top down)

But since I will fit a newer model servo, including a shorter masterbrakecilinder and small reservoir, It might be obsolete to mod the mount anyway..

I still haven't figured out if I need a pressure regulating system.. Will I need a boost-control-thingy? Will it idle under pressure? Since Google only goes 'Wisssssh" and 'Woooosh" (2fast-2furious kids) when I search for a decent, working blow-off thing, of regulation.. and there's only crap available for diesel engines (turbo charged, no mechanical compressors found yet)

We'll see.

Geld moet rollen*
*maar dan liefst wel mÃ*jn kant op!