View Single Post
Old 15-09-2013, 07:37
Forum Newbee

Default Rebuilding my 2963cc engine

Thought I'd share a few photos of the freshen/rebuild of my engine. This engine uses ARPM case, 4" (103mm) siamese barrels and angle port heads -- this engine was orginally built in the late 80's and has been setting around until a couple of years ago when I decided to try to use it in my oval and now my Ghia.

Here is a picture of the inside of the case with the 90mm Pauter crank in place -- this case features a .120" drop cam so that the cam doesn't need to be clearanced when using this large of a crank

Here is the ARPM case together with the J&E custom pistons hung on the rods.

Here is the siamese cylinders installed -- you can see the the differences over stock and the see the 6 13mm studs used to hold everything together

Here are the angle ports installed -- will be pulling these back off sometime soon as I'm going to pull the K800 springs off and switch to some bee hives. Also switching from the 3 piece shaft Pauter rockers to the new 1 piece shaft Pauter rockers

Here is the complete engine -- it is BIG -- 34" across from valve cover to valve cover -- -- I think a stock engine is in the range of 28" across