View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 20:23
Forum Newbee

Default hello, new member from nj--here is my 92 gti build thread

hello evreyone im new to the forum from newark nj. im also a memeber of vwvortex and other forums... here i have my 92 gti that i currently been working on for the past 2 months. i had been searching for a clean mk2 gti for over 2 years and 2 months ago decided to hunt till i find one. i picked this clean one up with 99% no rust and a bad motor and started to work on her immediately. my plans for her are to do a full 1.8t swap, mk4 dash swap (already competed) and lots more. the interior i plan to do a 2 tone red & blk in alcantra. the latest things i have picked up are recaro trophie seats, audi a4 rear doors so i can cut the door handles for mine, g60 flares. yesterday i sent out all my moldings, skirts, front and rear bumpers and the g60 flares to get the textured remanufactured. the dash swap i completed my self and i started to smooth out my engine bay but stoped and decided to let the body shop finish it up. this week i will undercoat the bottom and the car goes out to the body shop, i will keep the thread updated with pictures of the new parts and process on the car. i hope evreyone enjoys the thread.

this is when i first purchased her

this was earlier this week when i started to break her down