Old 21-01-2024, 20:47
Forum Newbee

A bit overdue but here it goes.

My "1991" Rallye golf.
LB7V - Graphite Metallic
Recaro power seats
Power Windows
(Autostart) Electronic Climate Control

Originaly sold in Milan Italy. First registration March 22, 1991. Unknown owner. Possibly the same man named in the next sale. Possibly owned it for 17 years???

November 18, 2008 for 1,500 euro the car was sold by a man from Mortara Italy, to an Albanian woman living in Trecate Italy

November 2011 car was sold for 10k euro by the Albanian woman in Trecate Italy, to the owners I purchased the car from. They lived in Northern italy. Car had 56,000 km's at time of purchase.

Jan 2020, I purchased the car after driving to Northern Italy to meet the owners and inspect the car. With only 64,000 km's. Everything looked great and almost completely original. They were an amazing and very welcoming family of enthusiasts. I left a deposit and returned after the paperwork was sorted with the registrars office in my town. towed it 3 hours home where it was garaged for almost a year due to covid lock down.

I moved back to the US Feb of 2021, the car was shipped through a contracted shipper the military uses. I paid nothing for this as I am allowed to ship 1 car with me. The registration back stateside was relatively easy and only paid 50$ for the first registration. Made no difference it was an import. All my papers were in order.

I have since rebuilt the brakes, installed KW coilovers and a supersprint exhaust and currently has 16" B-Star Sebring wheels.

Eventually it needs the supercharger rebuilt and a engine overhaul to handle some leaks.

I have attended Alpine Volks Fair in Helen Georgia the last 2 years, as well as the last 2 years of Eurofest in Maggie Valley Georgia.

There was 4 other Rallyes at Alpine Volks Fair last year also.