View Single Post
Old 26-06-2008, 23:10
Forum Newbee

I'd gone through loads of different colour schemes and designs before finally going for a hot-rod sort of theme. The most important thing was to have unique door cards because a lot of "done" mk1's have similar variations along the same theme.

and the baby seat

the dials were tricky to get right and this is version 10 or something. I dont have a photo of the needles, but they are laser cut from stainless steel and have VW logos on the base.

steering wheel and rear view mirror both relatively cheap buys from ebay.com

you'd think the car was nearly done, but in reality it still had to go back to the sprayers for some much needed work. Because I was stubborn I decided to leave the engine in and wrap it I took it out in the end as the engine bay had to be resprayed as well.

so off to the sprayers...

Liking the matt brown effect. Ready for final paint and a polish.

Back at the lockup and the rebuild begins. Repolished the Porsche winter wheels as well.

Engine back in and ready to run. I had no idea what was coming round the corner. I couldn't get any oil pressure at all. 2 engine rebuilds later and it turned out to be a stupid small valve in the oil filter bracket which has got blocked up. anyway, I'm trying to blank out that fortnight of my life... on with the pics.

At the mot... cheers Carl

After almost 10 years of work, getting on the cover of the Golf + (July 2008) is a real finishing post.

a couple of weeks later and a good offer came up on the porsche wheels, so they had to go... and back on came the Steffan RS's. I'm really please with the look.

Thanks for looking though my photos.... if you want to read more about this build, you can look through the entire 58 page thread here...

http://www.demonvwforum.co.uk/forum....php?f=4&t=6105

Paul.