Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Dutch music rocks - Thank you Armin, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten etc... (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3109)

david_h 01-06-2004 19:18

Dutch music rocks - Thank you Armin, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten etc...

I've been into trance since about 1992 and Oakenfold, but the dutch took this sound in the mid 90s and made it their own.

Tiesto, Armin, Ferry, Johan Gielen and many many more dutch DJs are the gods of this sound.

If you don't know what true trance is, try attending sensation or listening to www.id-t.com on a thursday night for Armins live show.

Anyway that's all, also I run www.nu-horizons.com trance site, check it out if you want to know more. Some dutch people on there, probably best trance liveset site in the world, 3500 members!

Heleen 02-06-2004 09:49

This is so true :cool:

volksfahrer.nl 05-06-2004 20:46

Tiesto, Armin, Ferry, Johan Gielen......it's all crap!
Tiesto in concert? Hello! Arren't there supossed to be musicians at a concert?
Not some dude who play's records?
Sure I can't mix as a DJ...it's a nice trick, some tunes sound o.k. for a few minutes but gods?

NO WAY!

Love comes again? That's one fucking riff making up the whole song!
It's the singer in that song that's the real artist (shame about the "Cher" distorsion effect in his voice tho! Guess that modern) but the DJ...........

Everybody's allowed to have his own taste but Beng-Beng Bliep-bliep is not mine!

vw_dick 06-06-2004 01:48

i'm not big into any electronic music, but i don't mind some popular stuff like darude - sandstorm, or the launch by dj jean.

i've heard a few oakenfold (sp?) songs and they're okay-good.

of the artists you've posted, what *popular* good tracks would you recommend i have a listen to?

Heleen 06-06-2004 17:24

Wow, Keverpechje... You shouldn't say: it IS all crap... you should say: I THINK it's all crap... ;) And I disagree :D

david_h 09-06-2004 09:29

The popular stuff like Darude and Sandstorm is absolutely not my style.

I prefer trance without lyrics more progressive style.

Does anyone listen to Armin van Burren on ID&T on a Thursday night??

VeeDubber 09-06-2004 15:35

I do (most of the time though) :-)

david_h 09-06-2004 15:50

We're looking for someone reliable to record turbulentielive in Holland broadcast every Friday night I think, direct record from Cable connection.

Can anyone help?

Free site access to www.nu-horizons.com in return.

Niels - AirMighty.com 09-06-2004 16:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by keverpech
Tiesto, Armin, Ferry, Johan Gielen......it's all crap!
Tiesto in concert? Hello! Arren't there supossed to be musicians at a concert?
Not some dude who play's records?
Sure I can't mix as a DJ...it's a nice trick, some tunes sound o.k. for a few minutes but gods?

NO WAY!

Love comes again? That's one fucking riff making up the whole song!
It's the singer in that song that's the real artist (shame about the "Cher" distorsion effect in his voice tho! Guess that modern) but the DJ...........

Everybody's allowed to have his own taste but Beng-Beng Bliep-bliep is not mine!

Hey that's my opinion too... :wink: :D