Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (http://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turbo's, compressor's and NOS (http://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Six seven Turbo Projekt (http://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63842)

Hotrodvw 27-12-2009 16:57

Six seven Turbo Projekt
 
This is my draw thru set up I've been working on. 2007cc, T3/T4, all 2" plumbing, 38mm wastegate, etc... The pics should speak for themselves w/o much input from me:






port matched



chopped & ported







modified collector size







2"























I'll post more pics as I get it finished up...

Roy 1.6 27-12-2009 17:02

Nice!

Tjaap 27-12-2009 17:06

impressive welding skills..

Stijn 27-12-2009 17:10

Yeah, very nice. Are you going to run a decklid? Any cooling issues expected? (cooling fan drawing in hot air)

Hotrodvw 27-12-2009 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn
Yeah, very nice. Are you going to run a decklid? Any cooling issues expected? (cooling fan drawing in hot air)


A deck lid is planned.......not sure how well it's going to work out though. I've tried to tuck things in as best as possible though. I didn't do the tig, a buddy of mine did. He is very good!

De Pul 27-12-2009 17:33

looks just sick:thumbup:
very well done...

Domi 27-12-2009 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjaap
impressive welding skills..



:iamwithst

Stijn 27-12-2009 18:17

I'm lookin forward to reading up on your experiences. I've been looking to turbo my bug for a while, but I want it to be neat and tucked in under the lid. I've been trying to get the turbo below the original heat shield, but there's just too little room.

Hotrodvw 27-12-2009 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn
I'm lookin forward to reading up on your experiences. I've been looking to turbo my bug for a while, but I want it to be neat and tucked in under the lid. I've been trying to get the turbo below the original heat shield, but there's just too little room.


Doing it all w/ a draw thru isn't easy, unless you're using small turbos :cheers: This will most likely be stood off extensively. To me, not running a deck lid just screams " Too lazy to make it work." ;)

Stijn 27-12-2009 19:16

Agreed. I'd like to run a simple setup with a small turbo. I'm not aiming for crazy power, just 'sparkly enough for daily traffic' fast :)

Hotrodvw 28-12-2009 04:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn
Agreed. I'd like to run a simple setup with a small turbo. I'm not aiming for crazy power, just 'sparkly enough for daily traffic' fast :)

Are you kidding? It's never enough......never!!!!!


More pics as of today. Got the carb hung finally, and a support bracket made (it will be re-done). I had to tap the manifold and install new studs for mounting, and also on the carb for the stacks. I didn't like the previous owner's set up for mounting. Now I can focus on the stupid little stuff.....









VeeDubber 28-12-2009 10:13

I really love this set-up!
Draw-through has always had a vintage-feel to it which makes it perfect for Beetles!
By the looks of your pictures your planning this build carefully and are also keeping an eye on the build-quality. It looks like it's done by a pro! Is this your first turbo build or have you done some before?

Zweiter 28-12-2009 10:58

aaaaaahhhhh, me likes! :D

Hotrodvw 28-12-2009 20:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubber
I really love this set-up!
Draw-through has always had a vintage-feel to it which makes it perfect for Beetles!
By the looks of your pictures your planning this build carefully and are also keeping an eye on the build-quality. It looks like it's done by a pro! Is this your first turbo build or have you done some before?



Ha ha.....thanks. Nope, this is my first build. It's been slow going, but it's getting there. Now I'm up against the little time consuming crap, like throttle cable routing, wastegate mounting, build my oil lines, etc...

Hotrodvw 18-01-2010 05:53

More pics........more progress!

Waste gate is mounted



New fuel line set up





And it's in!


Tjaap 18-01-2010 23:41

should have put it in the bigwheels jeep :lmao:

Hotrodvw 27-01-2010 07:41

Intake may get changed to swing it forward more.
Exhaust is coated, parts are going together.....









VeeDubber 27-01-2010 11:16

It looks great in the car! Aren't you worried that you will experience a substantial turbo-lag because of the big turbo combined with the long plumbing?

Hotrodvw 18-02-2010 07:11

What is it that you think is 'long'? It's no longer than most draw thru set ups.

Hotrodvw 18-02-2010 07:13

Got the exhaust routed out of the car...






All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:51.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.