Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Polo MK 1,2 and 3 (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   help needed in a diesel (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59409)

le polo 09-09-2009 08:04

help needed in a diesel

:jacks: :dunno: hello everybody, i'm having a pb with the glow plug relay.
I turn ignition in "glow plug " position, yellow led lights ok for the right time, shuts down, engine starts ok, i release ignition to driving position, the contacts of the relay remains closed , i check this by operating relay without cover.
I have checked the glow plugs 1 by 1 out of their sockets.
I have the same pb with another relay wich works ok on another car.
I have checked the water sensor temperature circuit wich triggers the relay, works ok.
On another same car, after yellow led shuts down i am waiting again few seconds, i can hear the relay opening (declik), i start engine, all ok.
Conclusion : I AM IN DEEP SHIT...
Can you help me with some advices ?... :thanks:

Oudelut 09-09-2009 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by le polo
engine starts ok

Quote:
i start engine, all ok.

Quote:
Conclusion : I AM IN DEEP SHIT...

:confused:

acokever 09-09-2009 13:28

@ oudelut: you have to read it well!

On another car the relay works okey, but NOT on is own car. So he has no ignition in his car, the relay works and he has checked the glow plugs.

I don't know, maybe no enough fuel-power? Filters?

martiepartie 09-09-2009 13:29

Quote:
i release ignition to driving position, the contacts of the relay remains closed , i check this by operating relay without cover.

Quote:
On another same car, after yellow led shuts down i am waiting again few seconds, i can hear the relay opening (declik)

Now you get the point Oudelut? ;)

So the only 'problem you have is the glowplugs keep on glowing while the engine is already started.

I am not really into diesels, but is the glowing system only triggered by the water temp sensor?

le polo 09-09-2009 18:18

to clear up everything regarding fuel :in tank filter cleaned, fuel lines air pressure cleaned + visual inspected , all ok, engine room filter new, no pb pump & injectors, engine starts and runs OK.
ONLY pb is that the relay remains closed, feeding for no reason the glow plugs, so after starting the engine i have to pull the relay out of it's socket.
Anything unclear ?

martiepartie 09-09-2009 18:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by acokever
@ oudelut: you have to read it well!

On another car the relay works okey, but NOT on is own car. So he has no ignition in his car, the relay works and he has checked the glow plugs.

I don't know, maybe no enough fuel-power? Filters?

the jar blames the kettle? :D :D

You haven't been reading it so well yourself :rolleyes: The car starts fine, but the glowplug relay 'sticks', while it should 'release'.

It must be an electric problem, concerning the sensors that trigger the glowing system. Is it only triggered by watertemp?

le polo 10-09-2009 16:45

nobody had no experience allike ?...