Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Type 1 (beetle '49->) (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   need this thing cheap (1303 content) (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65816)

Mixagolf1 06-02-2010 21:55

need this thing cheap (1303 content)

Hello!
I'm building 1303 Bug that is in an awful condition. The rear brakes made from a parts of a "Zhiguli "-Soviet car that is very common in my country.
So most parts of an original VW rear brakes is missing in my car. Including this thing- not sure what is a proper word for it in English:

So i need it and rear brakes "adjuster" and everything except what i can buy new: brake shoes, wheel cylinder and spring kit. Please help, because i can't find these parts in my country, there is absolutely no Bugs in a junkyards.
;)

PS:can pay with PayPal.

sjampoo 06-02-2010 22:57

It's simply called a backplate

probably the wrong number, but still: you could give a bit more info: The drum diameter is for one a good start to notice. Probably something like 180mm

Are the brakes ' self-adjusters' (with a wedge adjuster) or do they have the toothed-ring adjuster?

Since it's a 1303, many parts might actually fit from a Golf 1 / 2

Good luck!

Mixagolf1 11-02-2010 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjampoo
It's simply called a backplate

probably the wrong number, but still: you could give a bit more info: The drum diameter is for one a good start to notice. Probably something like 180mm

Are the brakes ' self-adjusters' (with a wedge adjuster) or do they have the toothed-ring adjuster?

Since it's a 1303, many parts might actually fit from a Golf 1 / 2

Good luck!

No self-adjusters, and as i remember my Golf 1 it had another drums.
Found it on eBay but in US, and shipping will cost as much as a parts... :(

Zeend 11-02-2010 21:28

The rear brakes of a 1303 are the same as those from 'any' bug. nGolf items are completely different.
Do you need the drums itself as well? Since they're quite heavy..

I think I have a set of backing plates laying around. But I'm not sure, since I've thrown away some things since I got irritated of those parts laying around that I don't use anyway.... I'll take a look this weekend!

The Zhighuli you show is known as Lada over here. You rarely see a survivor, most of them got re-exported in the nineties...

Jens

Mixagolf1 13-02-2010 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeend
The rear brakes of a 1303 are the same as those from 'any' bug. nGolf items are completely different.
Do you need the drums itself as well? Since they're quite heavy..

I think I have a set of backing plates laying around. But I'm not sure, since I've thrown away some things since I got irritated of those parts laying around that I don't use anyway.... I'll take a look this weekend!

I have another set of drums, hope they are better then those on a car. Will be great if you find some parts for me. Any idea what can be a cost of parts and a shipping cost? Thank you!

Mixagolf1 13-02-2010 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixagolf1
I have another set of drums, hope they are better then those on a car. Will be great if you find some parts for me. Any idea what can be a cost of parts and a shipping cost? Thank you!

Quote:
The Zhighuli you show is known as Lada over here. You rarely see a survivor, most of them got re-exported in the nineties...

Hey guys you are lucky there! :D

Mixagolf1 16-02-2010 20:20

thanks for the replies, i bought both backing plates off eBay yesterday. ;)