Volksforum.com

Volksforum.com (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Golf and Jetta Mk2 (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   hello, new member from nj--here is my 92 gti build thread (https://www.volksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60301)

newarknj15 02-10-2009 20:23

hello, new member from nj--here is my 92 gti build thread

hello evreyone im new to the forum from newark nj. im also a memeber of vwvortex and other forums... here i have my 92 gti that i currently been working on for the past 2 months. i had been searching for a clean mk2 gti for over 2 years and 2 months ago decided to hunt till i find one. i picked this clean one up with 99% no rust and a bad motor and started to work on her immediately. my plans for her are to do a full 1.8t swap, mk4 dash swap (already competed) and lots more. the interior i plan to do a 2 tone red & blk in alcantra. the latest things i have picked up are recaro trophie seats, audi a4 rear doors so i can cut the door handles for mine, g60 flares. yesterday i sent out all my moldings, skirts, front and rear bumpers and the g60 flares to get the textured remanufactured. the dash swap i completed my self and i started to smooth out my engine bay but stoped and decided to let the body shop finish it up. this week i will undercoat the bottom and the car goes out to the body shop, i will keep the thread updated with pictures of the new parts and process on the car. i hope evreyone enjoys the thread.

this is when i first purchased her

this was earlier this week when i started to break her down

newarknj15 02-10-2009 20:25

removing the old drivetrain and taking the steering colum off...the front end will get powder coated black

today 7-19-09--working on the engine bay..getting it preped for a nice and clean shaved bay...

also today 7-9-09 i purchased the mk4 dash and support ;o)

i took some pictures of inside the shop and some of the other cars i have in there.... my 01 ford lightning with a bad motor, i will replace soon..93 vw cabrio that will be up for sale once i get her detailed..my 73 super beetle runs/drives great that will mostlikely be my next project ;o)

newarknj15 02-10-2009 20:26

VeeDubber 02-10-2009 20:27

Welcome! Serious plans!! Got some pics of the MK4 dash?

newarknj15 02-10-2009 20:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubber
Welcome! Serious plans!! Got some pics of the MK4 dash?

thanks...yes the pictures are posted :thumbup:

DWI 02-10-2009 20:56

Nice project! I will watch it :thumbup:

newarknj15 02-10-2009 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWI
Nice project! I will watch it :thumbup:

thanks ;)

VeeDubber 02-10-2009 21:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by newarknj15
thanks...yes the pictures are posted :thumbup:

In time I replied, you added up to 20 pictures or something :)
But it's a nice project , keep us updated!

newarknj15 02-10-2009 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubber
In time I replied, you added up to 20 pictures or something :)
But it's a nice project , keep us updated!

thanks..i sure will keep evreyone posted :thumbup:

mverh85 03-10-2009 01:08

Welcome fella, thats frickin' nice what you are doing ! Looking very good so far 'ts sure is an awesome project and the dash looks very nice :thumbup: good luck!

newarknj15 03-10-2009 01:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mverh85
Welcome fella, thats frickin' nice what you are doing ! Looking very good so far 'ts sure is an awesome project and the dash looks very nice :thumbup: good luck!

Thanks

GerardMkIIVR6 03-10-2009 12:26

Looks nice dude keep us posted.
A lot off work the dash i know did it 2years ago and the engine bay ive done those things already so i know.
This is my dash:

newarknj15 03-10-2009 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardMkIIVR6
Looks nice dude keep us posted.
A lot off work the dash i know did it 2years ago and the engine bay ive done those things already so i know.
This is my dash:

yea it is alot of work .....your cars interior looks fantastic you made my day with them pics :thumbup:

Arne 03-10-2009 15:15

Nice project, keep posting those pics!

breadfan83 03-10-2009 15:32

You just posted each and every picture you took, didn't ya. :D

Welcome to the forum, the car and project look sweet! Keep us posted with as many pics as possible, we always love pictarz! :D

newarknj15 03-10-2009 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadfan83
You just posted each and every picture you took, didn't ya. :D

Welcome to the forum, the car and project look sweet! Keep us posted with as many pics as possible, we always love pictarz! :D

thanks i will def be keeping it updated with pics and info..... :thumbup: